What the month of October means to me …..
- getting the throws out to snuggle under on the cooler evenings with a good book,TV show or film night with the family
- lighting the candles at dusk. I found this sweet candle holder and the candles in Southampton’s Flying Tiger store for only a few pounds.
- country walks and seeing the leaves change colour on the trees and all the beautiful berries and of course conkers.
- making felt pumpkins to display around the house.
- knowing that Halloween is just around the corner.
- hot chocolate
- toasting marshmallows on the fire pit.
- changing the Summer duvet to a Winter one.
- enjoying the light that this time of year brings even though it shows up the dust more !
- going to bed early with a book and a cup of camomile tea.
- wearing more layers (so much more flattering than vest tops and shorts)
- seeing my cat more as in the Summer he is hardly ever home.
- starting Christmas shopping
- wearing boots.
- more time to sew without feeling guilty about not being out and about in the sunshine.
- and I am sure there is a million more things I love about October but that’s all I can think of for now.
I have been busy making aprons this past week.This time using warmer colours and making them fully lined ….
I also have made a children’s version of this apron for families that like to match as well as bake together ! These are now available in the shop here.
Anyway my two are due in from school and sixth form anytime now and the washing needs getting in and dinner needs cooking so thanks for having a read and have a good rest of your week,Tabitha x