Most Sundays we get up slightly later and have brunch cooked by the husband everyone is at home, no work, no school and time to be together around the table.
This Sunday was no exception and the husband made the most tasty meal. He made ham and cheese eggy bread fried sandwiches with fried tomato and mushrooms.
I can’t express just how tasty this was and its so simple. You will need for one serving….
2 slices of white bread with the crusts cut off
1 egg beaten and seasoned with a little salt and pepper
1 slice of ham
slices of cheddar cheese
1 tomato cut in half
several mushrooms sliced if large
a little sunflower oil
- take one slice of bread and lay the slice of ham and then your cheese over the top. Place the second slice of bread on top and squash down and press down around the edges with your finger tips.
- heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add your mushrooms and tomato and cook through. Remove from the pan and place on a plate and keep warm.
- add a little more oil if needed then put back on a medium heat.
- take your ham and cheese sandwich and dip it in the beaten egg mixture until well coated.
- place in the frying pan and press down with a fish slice then cook through before flipping carefully over and cooking until golden on the other side.
- remove from pan and add to your plate, cut in half and serve with your mushrooms and tomato.
I treated myself to some tulips and daffodils to add a little feeling of Spring to my home. Flowers make me happy they can brighten up any dull day and Lidls sells a good range at good prices so a little money can go along way.
What did you do at the weekend and whats your favorite breakfast or brunch ?
Have a good week